Global Handwashing Day 2016
Global Handwashing Day 2016 is just around the corner, here at JustGloves we are helping to promote this year’s message to "Make Hand Washing A Habit" for everyone.
Created in 2008, Global Handwashing Day on Saturday 15th October is dedicated to increase the awareness of the importance of hand washing to prevent infections, diseases and help save lives. By regularly washing your hands, particularly before and after certain activities, you can remove germs, avoid getting sick, and prevent the spread of germs.
Germs can be spread extremely quickly, simple things such as washing your hands before and/or after certain activities can help halt the spread of harmful bacteria. To help you to prevent this in your home or workplace we have complied a list of the times is it vital to wash your hands:
• Before, during, and after preparing food
• Before eating food
• After touching bins
• Before and after treating a cut or wound
• Before and after caring for someone who is sick
• After touching an animal, animal food or animal waste
• After using the toilet
• After changing nappies or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
• After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
• After handling pet food or pet treats
Here at Just Gloves we sell a huge range of Hand Cleaning & Sanitising products to choose from. We recommend our best selling Anti-bacterial Liquid Soap that comes in a range of different sizes suitable for workplaces, schools or for use at home. We also have a wide range of hand sanitisers providing instant protection, try Purell Advanced Hand Rub which kills 99.99% of most common germs.
Have you ever wondered how to correctly wash your hands? Here are our top tips to ensure clean and germ-free hands:
• Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
• Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
• Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
• Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
• Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Join us on Saturday 15th October to spread the message of the Global Handwashing Day theme and “Make Handwashing a Habit!”