Learn About The Benefits Of Powder Free Gloves
Although powdered gloves are considered easier to put on and are often rated comfier, powder free gloves are much more popular due to reduced risk of contamination, which makes them a better choice for a number of applications.
Why use powder free gloves?
- Cleaner as no residue is left on your hand after use
- Eliminates the chance of respiratory problems to those that are sensitive to airborne powder
- Reduces the risk of wound contamination
- There is no powder to get statically attracted to surfaces which can result in imperfections during activities such as painting
- Don’t slide on and off as easily as powdered gloves
Manufacturers have gradually reduced the powder concentration, to where most disposable gloves are either lightly powdered or powder free. With powder free gloves, such as our Top Gloves Powder Free Vinyl Glove, some healthcare workers notice that they can have more hand perspiration, as there isn’t powder to absorb the accumulation. However, they also can have less of a problem with hand dermatitis originating from the irritation of residual powder remaining after hand washing. Those with allergies or concerns about the side effects of powder typically opt for a powder free glove.